Smithline Training is holding a live Roundtable in San Francisco on Friday, May 5th on Navigating SaaS Procurement from a Customer and Vendor Perspective. For more information, contact email@example.com
Navigating SaaS Procurement Roundtable
8am-9am: Customer’s Perspective
- Inundated with inbound SaaS agreements?
- Need a system for sorting deals by more than just spend?
- Looking for a “universal amendment” that addresses your key concerns yet fits on top of a vendor’s terms?
- Wonder what your peer companies are getting when it comes to vendor liability for data breach?
- Want to swap war stories and lessons learned on broken implementations, service level failures and vendor demands to use your data for their own purposes?
- In this session, we will share: (a) our approach for sorting inbound SaaS deals by use and risk category, (b) forms and tools for introducing your own terms into the process and (c) tips and tricks for negotiating the most critical provisions, including data privacy and data breach. We will end the session with an open discussion and best practice sharing session among participants.
9am-10am: Vendor’s Perspective
- Keep getting stuck redlining customer paper that doesn’t fit your product?
- Want to learn the best way to tell your product’s story in your form?
- Looking for strategies for tough customer requests on data breach, indemnity or uncapped liability?
- Need a cure for the quarter-end blues?
- In this session, we cover: (a) how to put your best foot forward in your standard customer form – and how to stay on your own form, even with large, sophisticated customers and (b) tips and tricks for negotiating the most challenging provisions, such as indemnity and data breach. We will end the session with an open discussion and best practice sharing session among participants.