Instructor: Mark Webber and Todd Smithline (Host)
Length: 42 minutes
CLE: 0.5 Credits available in: CA
Tools: 10 Things You Should Know about GDRP; GDPR Checklist; Presentation Slides
What should a U.S.-based Software as a Service (SaaS) company know about the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Guest instructor Mark Webber provides a general overview of the GDPR, explains how it reaches U.S.-based companies, reviews its key principles and previews common compliance questions SaaS vendors should expect from their E.U.-based customers.
- GDPR-Big Picture – What is the General Data Protection Regulation and when does it come into effect? How does it compare to the existing Data Protection Directive?
- GDPR-Global Reach – How does the GDPR reach organizations based outside the E.U.?
- GDPR-Requirements – What do the GDPR’s core obligations of Accountability, Awareness and Controls mean for a U.S.-based SaaS company?
- GDPR Key Details – What are some of the more specific requirements imposed by the GDPR?
- Customer Questions – Why are E.U.-based customers asking their SaaS vendors about subcontractors and location of data?
- Compliance – Who should own compliance within a company and what’s the risk of non-compliance?
- “GDPR Compliant” – When, if ever, should you call yourself “GDPR compliant”?